I have been involved in lighting application design and product development since 1981. This has included consulting businesses and executive positions with several lighting fixture manufacturers. I have been a regular presenter at trade conferences on topics including application approach, lighting technology, controls, and measurement techniques.
In 2020, I retired from executive management to focus on creative pursuits.
My company, Lumenique, LLC, which has been on-line for 25 years, is my photography and art studio, now focused on creation of unique photography services and other artistic work.
My photography business is presented under kwillmorthphoto.
I am open to commissions, as well as have items for sale on the Lumenique storefront.
Experience, Qualifications and Proficiencies
- 40 Years experience in product and application photography
- 17 years as an independent consultant to lighting manufacturers, technology providers, art patrons, and end use customers
- 20 years in Senior Management roles of VP or Director of Design, Marketing and Engineering
- 10+ years as a Lighting Design Consultant
- 7+ Years as author and editor of technical and editorial lighting subject content
- Lifelong pursuit of artistic expression
- Passionate product designer and artist
- Design and Engineering team leader
- Product development and management
- Strategic planning
- 3D CAD modeling and rendering
- Customer Advocate
- Lean evaluations
- Market evaluation and research
- Prototyping and modeling
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Project, Teams, Evernote, Powerpoint
- Solidworks 2010 through 2021, Photoview 360 and Visualize
- Rhino CAD 4.0 and 5.0, including Flamingo and Penguin rendering
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign
- Application simulation in AGI32
- Photometric file evaluation/revision in Photometric Toolbox, Photometrics Pro
- Web site design in WordPress, CoffeeCup, GUI and HTM interface
- 3D Print processing through Stratasys Insight, Control Center
- 3D print processing through Formlabs PreForm and GrabCAD
- Commercial grade 3D Printing on Stratasys Dimension bst1200es, 380mc, F370
- Consumer grade 3D printing on Makerbot and Form labs printers
- Manual and CNC vertical mill machining, manual late operation
- Sheetmetal fabrication
- Painting and finishing, including airbrush, faux surfacing, and powdercoating
Social Media Connections
Contact me if you need or want something you feel I can be of value to you in providing.
Elgin, IL 60124