I have been involved in lighting application design and product development since 1981. This has included consulting businesses and executive positions with several lighting fixture manufacturers. I have been a regular presenter at trade conferences on topics including application approach, lighting technology, controls, and measurement techniques.
My company, Lumenique, LLC, is my art and design studio, now focused on creation of unique, sculptural quality lighted objects.
Experience, Qualifications and Proficiencies
- 17 years as an independent consultant to lighting manufacturers, technology providers, art patrons, and end use customers
- 15 years in Senior Management roles of VP or Director of Design, Marketing and Engineering
- 9+ years as a Lighting Design Consultant
- 7+ Years as author and editor of technical and editorial lighting subject content
- Lifelong pursuit of artistic expression
- Passionate product designer and artist
- Design and Engineering team leader
- Product development and management
- Strategic planning
- 3D CAD modeling and rendering
- Customer Advocate
- Lean evaluations
- Market evaluation and research
- Prototyping and modeling
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Project, Teams, Evernote, Powerpoint
- Solidworks 2010 through 2021, Photoview 360 and Visualize
- Rhino CAD 4.0 and 5.0, including Flamingo and Penguin rendering
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Optical design in Lambda Tracepro
- Application simulation in AGI32
- Photometric file evaluation/revision in Photometric Toolbox, Photometrics Pro
- Web site design in WordPress, CoffeeCup, GUI and HTM interface
- 3D Print processing through Stratasys Insight, Control Center
- 3D print processing through Formlabs PreForm and GrabCAD
- Commercial grade 3D Printing on Stratasys Dimension bst1200es, 380mc, F370
- Consumer grade 3D printing on Makerbot and Form labs printers
- Manual and CNC vertical mill machining, manual late operation
- Sheetmetal fabrication
- Painting and finishing, including airbrush, faux surfacing, and powdercoating
- Pen and Ink, marker, airbrush and paint rendering and art
I draw inspiration from observation of existing objects, as well as original thought inspired by man made and natural surroundings, as well as pure imagination. I include light sources as an expressed feature to illuminate the work itself, or to add ambient illumination to its surroundings, tying the work to its place in both apparent shape as well as its effect on surroundings.
I employ modern methods of material and physical form creation, such as 3D printing, metal working and machining, forging, and casting to enable me to produce unique objects with a high degree of detail quality. My work is created for display in residential living spaces, offices, hospitality environments, and special occupancy spaces, and are intended to become a part of the experienced environment, contributing to both ambient illumination and aesthetic detail.
I provide original art, commissioned artworks, and design consulting.
8N510 Stevens Road
Elgin, IL 60124