Here’s proof that I was actually at the show, my 30th annual from the days of Light World to Lightfair, but the first time captured live on You Tube… ahhhh progress.
They asked what I thought about what I was seeing… so I shared. I know, completely out of character for me, but we must all stretch ourselves at times.
This was part of a series of short interviews that Molex was posting during the show. Take a look at the rest HERE. Take a look at the Matt Thomas interview with Illumitex’s new light sources, way cool.
My absence for a few months here is the result of time taken to organize, expand operations at Lumenique, complete customer projects, and to put the final pieces together for an all new company – Tasca. Over the last few years, I have sought to find a small place for myself as a product manufacturer within lighting, specifically in producing SSL products that deliver new value. After considerable effort and more than a years exploration, I have finally found what I was looking for. Here are the specific qualifiers I used:
- Product must put LED light sources into service to deliver a value that is superior to other light sources – beyond simple energy savings
- Product must capitalize on low heat, instant on, good optical control, lack of flicker, endurance to shock and vibration
- Product application must be demanding and serve a need where lighting is important to the end use customer
- Product line must deliver value at a reasonable price
- Product line must include capabilities and new lighting effects that cannot be matched with conventional sources
- Product line to be made to order, with significant domestic content
- Product line is to be configurable to suit end use customer needs
- Company focus must be outside the commodity mainstream and large corporate entity immediate interest at the time of initial launch
- Company must be scalable, with controlled investment requirements, utilizing available technologies without over-investment in R&D for all new technology
- Company must be profitable
- Industrial aesthetic
- Solid and durable construction
- Ease of use
- Long service life with end-of-life rebuilding
- Consultive sales assistance
- Highly configurable and flexible for application in a wide range of uses